This course provides the training and certification required under Regulation 15.66 of the Health and Safety at Work (Hazardous Substances) Regulations 2017
- Do you fill industrial gas tanks or cylinders, SCBA or SCUBA tanks, fire extinguishers or aerosol cylinders?
- Do you collect refrigerant gas for recycling or disposal?
- Do you fill paint balls of more than 500mL?
- You need to be certified as an Approved filler under the Health and Safety at Work (Hazardous Substances) Regulations 2017.
This course includes a theory and practical assessment for the safe filling of compressed gas cylinders. The course is designed to provide you with the knowledge required under regulation 15.66 to be certified as an Approved Filler, for the types of cylinders and gasses you work with.
Who should attend
- Anyone who charges gas containers and needs to become an Approved Filler.
- Those seeking to renew their expired Approved Filler certificate with a detailed refresher course.
Successful completion of this course in class and completion of the assessment including practical demonstration of safely filling a gas cylinder, will result in you obtaining an Approved Filler Certificate for your place of work.
Gain knowledge and experience in:
- how to fill gas cylinders safely,
- the different forms of gases under pressure,
- factors that can cause a cylinder failure,
- the consequences of a cylinder failure for various types of a gas,
- visually inspecting a gas cylinder.
- An adult level of literacy is required for course completion.
- Refunds or credits are not available if candidate withdrawal occurs within 10 working days before the course commencement date.
- To attain an Approved Filler compliance certificate you must be currently employed in a job involving work with charging gas containers.
This course is only available on-site at your place of work.
|Number of people||Price per person*||Course Duration|
|5 - 10||$300**||1/2 day|
|11 - 20||$280**||1 day|
|21 - 30||$250**||1 day|
*Any associated travel costs will be charged in addition to the course cost.
Register your interest here