Hazardous Substance Awareness
Do you handle hazardous substances? This course is for you!
This short course forms part of the NZQA Approved Health and Safety Foundation Skills Certificate.
This course provides a part of the training and instruction required under Regulation 4.5 of the Health and Safety at Work (Hazardous Substances) Regulations 2017.
This half day course can be completed online (use the add to basket button above), or by attending a public course, or organising an onsite session for your staff (See below for information)
Before registering please ensure you have read and understood our
training course general information, terms and conditions, then to book for the online option, click the ADD TO BASKET button to book and pay for your course.
We can come and deliver this training onsite at your premises. To inquire about onsite options for your company please register your interest
2019 Course dates:
- 12 July
- 9 August
- 6 September
- 11 October
- 8 November
- 6 December
Register your interest in a public course here.
This course is designed to provide you with knowledge of Hazardous Substances, including:
- HSNO classes and description
- Labels and signs related to hazardous substances
- How to read and understand a safety data sheet
- Awareness of compatibility and segregation of hazardous substances
This module is suitable for persons who operate in a controlled work environment where there are hazardous substances present.
This course forms part of the NZQA Approved Health and Safety Foundation Skills Certificate course.
Who should attend:
- All workers who work with hazardous substances and/or chemicals
- Students enrolled in the NZQA Approved Health and Safety Foundation Skills Certificate Course
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Identify relevant legislation relating to hazardous substances
- Describe classes of hazardous substances
- Read and interpret hazardous substances labels
- Read and interpret warning signs related to hazardous substances
- Read and interpret a safety data sheet
- Use COP to segregate hazardous substances
- Define common terminology related to hazardous substances
This is an open entry course.
Trainers / Assessors: