Hazardous Substance Awareness
Do you handle hazardous substances? This course is for you!
This course provides a part of the training and instruction required under Regulation 4.5 of the Health and Safety at Work (Hazardous Substances) Regulations 2017.
The course also forms part of the NZQA Approved Health and Safety Foundation Skills Certificate, for more information click >>here
The Hazardous Substance Awareness half day course can be completed online or by attending a public course, or organising an onsite session for your staff.
This course is designed to provide you with knowledge of Hazardous Substances, including:
- HSNO classes and description
- Labels and signs related to hazardous substances
- How to read and understand a safety data sheet
- Awareness of compatibility and segregation of hazardous substances
This module is suitable for persons who operate in a controlled work environment where there are hazardous substances present.
Who should attend?
- All workers who work with hazardous substances and/or chemicals
- Students enrolled in the NZQA Approved Health and Safety Foundation Skills Certificate Course
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Identify relevant legislation relating to hazardous substances
- Describe classes of hazardous substances
- Read and interpret hazardous substances labels
- Read and interpret warning signs related to hazardous substances
- Read and interpret a safety data sheet
- Segregate hazardous substances
- Define common terminology related to hazardous substances
- Attendance at public course $300 per person plus GST.
- Online training is $300 per person plus GST
- Contact us for pricing for onsite options for your company firstname.lastname@example.org or to register your interest please click >>here.
This is an open entry course.
To purchase online access to the Hazardous Substance Awareness course click the link >>here. You will be prompted to create a login. Once you have received the confirmation email you can proceed to purchase the course by using PayPal button. Once your payment has been confirmed you will be able to access the course, you will have 30 days to complete the training. After 30 days your access to the course will be terminated.
If you do not have PayPal please register using the Company registration method.
If you would like to register several members of staff you can email us at email@example.com, or register your interest using the form >>here stating the name of the course you wish to purchase “Hazardous Substance Awareness” and provide us with a purchase order number. Ensure you provide the number of staff members registering, their names, and individual email addresses. We will manually create individual logins for your staff and Cc you into the email.
We can come and deliver this training onsite at your premises. To inquire about onsite options for your company please register your interest >>here.
2020 dates at our Cambridge training room: 62D Victoria Street, Cambridge.
8:30am to 12:30pm
- 13 February
- 16 April
- 18 June
- 13 August
- 15 October
- 3 December
Register your interest >>here.
Before registering on a training session (online, onsite, in class) please ensure you have read and understood our training course general information, terms and conditions. All QEC training course assessments have a three attempt per question maximum. With an expected grade outcome of 100%.
Trainers / Assessors: