Permit Issuer/ Permit Receiver
NZQA Unit Standard 17590- Issue worksite specific work permits
NZQA Unit Standard 17588- Apply for, accept, and carry out work according to a work permit in the workplace
This course can only be run at your place of work. To inquire about onsite options for your company please register your interest
not applicable for this course.
This two day interactive course is designed for permit issuers and receivers, holders and all personnel working under a Permit to Work System. It will provide you with the knowledge and skills to apply for, accept, and carry out work according to a work permit in the workplace. Post course you are required to be assessed issuing a permit at your workplace.
Who should attend?
- All employees required to work under the Permit to Work System
- Those responsible for issuing permits
On successful completion of this course and assessment candidates will be able to:
- Explain the types of work permits
- The roles of those involved in the work permit system and the requirements for those issuing and receiving a work permit
- Explain the preparatory requirements when applying for a work permit
- Accept a work permit and undertake work under the permit
- Describe and carry out the controls and actions to be taken at the end of a work period, or upon the completion of work
The course has two unit standards:
17588 level 3, 4 credits
17590 level 3, 6 credits
Trainers / Assessors:
BSc, DipEnvMgt, DipOSH
EXEMPLAR Lead Auditor
ACC Approved Auditor
HSWA Compliance Certifier
Please contact us for costs to attend in class training or to have training delivered on your site.
Before registering please ensure you have read and understood our
training course general information, terms and conditions, note the name and date of the course you would like to attend, then click on register.