Introduction to stormwater protection
Would you like to better understand stormwater protection?
Want to know more about NZ regulations surrounding stormwater discharge?
This course can be completed by attending a public course or organising an onsite session for your staff (See below for information)
2018 course dates
Apr 3, July 3, Oct 3
8:30m to 12:30pm
Register your interest in a public course here.
We can come and deliver this training onsite at your premises. To inquire about onsite options for your company please register your interest here.
Before registering please ensure you have read and understood our training course general information, terms and conditions, note the name and date of the course you would like to attend, then click on register.
A half day interactive course designed for workers, company personnel or anyone wanting to learn more about stormwater protection, management and why it is important.
Who should attend?
- Managers or supervisors
- Those interested in stormwater protection at building site, work places and at home.
Participants will gain a sound understanding of what stormwater is, what can contaminate stormwater and how to prevent it, management plans, NZ legislation and what to do following a spill to protect stormwater drains.
Gaining knowledge and experience in:
- A relevant overview of the Resource Management Act 1991 (RMA);
- Overview of the Environmental Authorities in New Zealand;
- Knowledge of types of resource consents for stormwater discharge;
- Overview of enforcement under the RMA;
- Stormwater Contamination and Methods of protection;
- Initial Emergency Spill Response
This is an open entry course.
Course investment includes:
- A copy of the workbook & resource assessment.
- Refreshments $300pp + GST
- This course can be run on-site at your place of work.
- The course may be altered to suit your own requirements while still meeting the course objectives.
- Contact us for a quote: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- $275pp + GST
Trainers / Assessors: