Awareness of Drug and Alcohol Issues in the Workplace
Drug and Alcohol abuse increases the risk of incident and injury in the workplace. Learn why this is, and some strategies to deal with this abuse in the workplace.
This course forms part of the NZQA Approved Health and Safety Foundation Skills Certificate course.
This half day course can be completed by attending a public course or organising an onsite session for your staff (See below for information)
2018 Course dates:
Mar 28, May 30, July 25
Register your interest in a public course here.
We can come and deliver this training onsite at your premises. To inquire about onsite options for your company please register your interest here.
Before registering please ensure you have read and understood our training course general information, terms and conditions, note the name and date of the course you would like to attend, then click on register.
This course is designed to provide you with knowledge of the hazards associated with abuse of drugs and alcohol in the workplace, including:
- Responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015.
- Health hazards associated with drug and alcohol consumption
- How drugs and alcohol increase the risk of harm at work
- How an employer can implement a drug and alcohol policy to assist affected workers.
Who should attend?
- all workers.
- students enrolled in the NZQA Approved Health and Safety Foundation Skills Certificate Course.
Successful completion of this course and assessment will demonstrate knowledge of issues associated with abuse of alcohol and drug abuse in the workplace.
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Define key terms related to drug offences
- Identify Controlled Drugs and Alcohol
- Identify behaviours of those under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Identify hazards relating to drugs and alcohol in the workplace
- Recognise methods of managing and reducing hazards relating to drugs and alcohol in the workplace
- Describe sources of assistance available to workers with drug or alcohol problems
This is an open entry course.
Attendance at public course $300 per person plus GST.
Trainers / Assessors: