Correct Manual Handling
Correct manual handling is not an accident. Learn how you can improve personally, and what strategies can be introduced in the workplace to reduce potential for manual handling injuries.
This course forms part of the NZQA Approved Health and Safety Foundation Skills Certificate course.
This half day course can be completed by attending a public course or organising an onsite session for your staff (See below for information)
2018 course dates:
May 29 (am), Jul 24 (am), Sep 25 (am), 28 November (pm)
Register your interest in a public course here.
We can come and deliver this training onsite at your premises. To inquire about onsite options for your company please register your interest here.
28 Mar (pm), Nov 28 (pm)
Before registering please ensure you have read and understood our training course general information, terms and conditions, note the name and date of the course you would like to attend, then click on register.
This course is designed to provide you with knowledge of manual handling, injury risk and methods to reduce risk of injury, including:
- Responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015,
- Identifying manual handling and associated injuries,
- Manual handling control methods, and
- How to safely conduct a manual handling task.
Who should attend?
- all workers
- students enrolled in the NZQA Approved Health and Safety Foundation Skills Certificate Course.
Successful completion of this course and assessment will demonstrate knowledge of safe manual handling practices in the workplace.
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Define manual handling;
- Understand the Employer and Worker responsibilities relating to Manual Handling;
- Identify what harm can result from Manual Handling;
- Identify impacts of Manual Handling Injuries;
- Discuss how to identify hazardous Manual Handling;
- Assess hazardous Manual Handling; and
- Identify Manual Handling hazard control methods.
This is an open entry course.
Attendance at public course $300 per person plus GST.
Trainers / Assessors: