Use and Maintain Personal Protective Equipment in the Workplace
Selecting, using and maintaining PPE can improve your hazard management, and protect you from injury. Learn about the different types of PPE and what they are for. learn about your rights and responsibilities as a worker or PCBU.
This course forms part of the NZQA Approved Health and Safety Foundation Skills Certificate course.
This course can be completed by attending a public course or organising an onsite session for your staff (See below for information)
2018 course dates
20 March(pm), April 5 (pm), August 7 (pm), December 4 (pm)
Register your interest in a public course here.
We can come and deliver this training onsite at your premises. To inquire about onsite options for your company please register your interest here.
Before registering please ensure you have read and understood our training course general information, terms and conditions, note the name and date of the course you would like to attend, then click on register.
This course is suitable for persons who use or require personal protective equipment in any work environment.
Who should attend?
- all workers.
- students enrolled in the NZQA Approved Health and Safety Foundation Skills Certificate Course.
Successful completion of this course and assessment will demonstrate knowledge of PPE in the workplace.
Gain knowledge and experience in:
- Identify the current law in NZ about Health and Safety;
- Identify duties of employers and workers about PPE in the workplace;
- Understand what is Personal Protective Equipment (PPE);
- Explain when and why workers should wear PPE;
- Identify the different kinds of PPE available and what PPE you would use for different jobs;
- Explain how to care for your PPE.
This is an open entry course.
Trainers / Assessors: