Health and Safety Representative Certificate (US 29315, 30265) 2 day course
Need to complete the requirements for initial training as a Health and Safety Representative? Been nominated or thinking of becoming a Health and Safety Representative? Are you a business owner wanting to know more about H&S Representatives? This course is for you!
Upcoming Public Courses - delivered at our Cambridge premises.
2019 Course Dates:
- 9-10 December
Register your interest in a public course
On Site Training:
We can come and deliver this training onsite at your premises. To inquire about onsite options for your company please register your interest here.
Based on familiarising participants with specific aspects of both the Health and Safety at Work Act (2015) and the Health and Safety at Work Regulations (2016) this two day interactive course is purpose-designed to meet the learning outcomes for unit standard 29315 'Describe the role and functions of the Health and Safety Representative in a NZ workplace' as required for initial training for purposes of sections 70(a) and 85(a) of the Act. Students will also be eligible for unit standard 30265 Apply health and safety risk assessment to a job role
Participants on this course will gain knowledge and experience in:
- The role and functions of the Health and Safety Representative under the HSWA 2015
- The role of a Health and Safety Representative as an advocate for workers
- Understanding obligations of a PCBU and WorkSafe New Zealand towards the Health and Safety Representative
- Risk Management processes and the importance of communicating with workers and management
- Demonstrating powers and obligations a Health and Safety Representative has in terms of issuing provisional improvement notice (PIN)
- How and when to direct a worker to cease unsafe work