Hazardous Substance Assessor - Stationary Container Systems
QEC is a multi service consulting and certification company; and we certify businesses to store and use hazardous substances safely. Specialising in all aspects of quality, environmental, and health and safety management systems, we seek a hazardous substance assessor with experience in stationary container systems to join our team.
In this role you will undertake the following key duties:
- Support other consultants with their work.
- Assess stationary container system design and fabrication and installation.
- Calculate secondary containment, separation distances, and hazardous atmosphere zones.
- Assess the need for waivers, compliance plans, and coordinate action plans for Worksafe.
- Report writing including but not limited to test certification assessment reports, audit reports, compliance plans applications, and hazardous substance inventory reports.
This full time role would suit someone who has an outgoing personality, the ability to learn quickly and enjoys a challenging and varied work environment. In addition you will be self motivated, able to work unsupervised, produce high consistently high quality work and thrive on deadlines and targets.
To be successful in this role you will ideally have demonstrated experience with stationary container systems and an engineering background. A tertiary qualification in an engineering or chemical related field will assist your application. Auditing skills or qualification would be advantageous.
If this sounds like a great job but you don’t have all the skills we seek, don’t let this stop you from applying, for the right person we will provide the necessary training.
Whilst the QEC office is based in Cambridge, we work throughout New Zealand so regular travel will be required.
Apply to email@example.com