General Information, Terms & Conditions
Training courses are held at the QEC Training Room, 62D Victoria Street, Cambridge (above Fran's Café). Note: the QEC training room is upstairs with no lift access. Free parking recommended off Hally's Lane (west of Victoria St). We can provide training at your site upon request.
- Course numbers at our Cambridge premises will be limited to 10 attendees to maximise the learning experience.
- An adult level of literacy is required for course completion as the majority of material is NZQA Level 3 or above.
- QEC is a registered Private Training Establishment and an approved trainer for the Plumbers, Gasfitters and Drainlayers Board.
- If you require accreditation of Unit Standards, you must provide us with your NZQA number and intentions to do so no later than the date of the course facilitation to be applicable for NZQA. For unit standard accreditation, there may be a post course assignment. This must be returned within four weeks of the course date for marking.
- For courses "enquire within status", will run on a "as required" basis when there has been sufficient interest registered to warrant facilitation.
- If NZQA Unit Standard credit registration is requested, additional administration fees will apply.
- If you require PGDB CPD points you must supply us with your PGDB registration number.
- All Approved Handler application paperwork including declarations, learner observations, and competency assessments must be returned to QEC within 10 working days after the date of the course.
- Any material submitted after this date shall incur additional costs, to cover time to assess, process, reprocess, or certify persons, unless during prior discussions, trainers have given approval.
- Resubmission of material is excluded however a deadline will be set.
- We do not certify approved handlers for pesticides or veterinary medicines.
- For all online courses there is a 30 Day expiry once the login has been created and sent to the participant.The participant will have 30 Days to complete the online course, after 30 Days the Login will be cancelled. No refund will be issued.
Confirmation of Enrolment / Registration
QEC will contact and inform every attendee enrolled on a course at least 5 working days prior to the course date to confirm their correct course, date, time and invoicing details.
Refunds / credits are not available if the candidate withdrawal occurs within 10 working days before the course commencement date. If course fails to meet the minimum number of required attendees the option will given to transfer of to the next scheduled course. QEC reserves the right to postpone or cancel a course and will give 10 working days notice of this. If you cannot attend the next training date, a full refund will be provided, or credit to attend a different course.