Location Compliance Certificate
To enable preparation for the site assessment, the following is a summary of the aspects / evidence we may be required to assess whilst on site.
- A scaled site plan depicting:
- North point;
- All hazardous atmosphere zones;
- All controlled zones;
- Emergency management equipment;
- The legal boundary;
- The location of all hazardous substance on site.
- Register of electrical devices and instruments in hazardous atmosphere zones, and evidence they have been inspected and maintained to relevant standards.
- Secondary containment capacity.
- Controlled zones, separation distances, and management.
- Hazardous atmosphere zone management including earthing and bonding.
- Fire extinguishers and or hose reels.
- Building design including fire rating and location.
- Emergency response plan and evidence that it has been practiced in the previous 12 months.
- Certified handler certification and management.
- training and instruction.
- Procedures and PPE.
QEC is the only IANZ accredited hazardous substance inspection body in NZ. QEC also employs a Worksafe approved Compliance Certifier.
QEC undertake comprehensive location compliance certificate assessments, enabling assurance that the site achieves and maintains compliance. Where non compliances are observed, these are formalised in report letter format, clearly identifying the non compliance. As part of our service, we maintain records of compliance dates, and notify clients where compliance dates are pending. Assessments are conducted in advance of certificate expiry, to ensure wherever possible that any corrective actions are remedied, avoiding lapse of certification.
Once the assessment is complete we will provide a comprehensive status report and coordinate with the site to achieve compliance, prior to issuing the location compliance certificate. If compliance is verified during the assessment, a location and or tank compliance certificate will be issued at that time.
We assess and issue Compliance Certificates for the following hazardous substance situations:
- Locations: where class 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 8 substances are manufactured, stored, used or disposed of.
- Stationary container systems.
- Process containers.