Certified Handler - Hazardous Substances
Health and Safety at Work Hazardous Substances Regulations 2017, Part 4
- Do you manufacture, store, use, sell, or dispose of hazardous substances?
- Do you need to become a certified handler for hazardous substances?
A two day interactive course designed to provide you with knowledge of identifying, storing and managing hazardous substances and allow you to become a certified handler. QEC has been granted approval by NZQA under section 251 of the Education Act 1989 to provide this certified handler—hazardous substances, training scheme.
Who should attend
- Those seeking to be a certified handler
- Those seeking to renew their expired handler certificate with a detailed refresher course
- Those interested in learning more about hazardous substances legislation
- Those with some experience handling hazardous substances
Successful completion of this course in class and completion of the post course assessment along with an employer’s declaration of competence, will allow you to become a certified handler.
Gain knowledge and experience in:
- Hazardous substances classifications
- Information, labelling and SDS
- Emergency management
- Hazardous substance controls and group standards
- Thresholds, triggers and controls
- Certified Handler responsibilities
- Test Certification regime
Trainers / Assessors:
We can come and deliver this training onsite at your premises. To inquire about onsite options for your company please register your interest here.
2018 Course Dates:
- Apr 11 12
- May 7 8
- Jun 13 14
- Jul 9 10
- Aug 20 21
- Sep 10 11
- Oct 17 18
- Nov 12 13
Register your interest in a public course here.
Before registering please ensure you have read and understood our training course general information, terms and conditions, note the name and date of the course you would like to attend, then click on register.