Certified Handler - Hazardous Substances at Work (US20298 & US20299)
Health and Safety at Work (Hazardous Substances) Regulations 2017, Part 4
- Do you manufacture, store, use, sell, or dispose of hazardous substances?
- Do you need to become a certified handler for hazardous substances?
A two day interactive course designed to provide you with knowledge of identifying, storing, packaging, labelling, and managing hazardous substances and allow you to become a certified handler. QEC has been granted approval by NZQA under section 251 of the Education Act 1989 to provide this Certified Handler—Hazardous Substances at Work training scheme.
QEC certification of handlers (class 6) does not include agrichemicals, veterinary medicines, fumigants and vertebrate toxic agents
To attain a certified handler compliance certificate you must be currently employed in a job involving work with hazardous substances.
Who should attend
- Those seeking to be a certified handler
- Those seeking to renew their expired handler certificate with a detailed refresher course
- Those interested in learning more about hazardous substances legislation
- Those with some experience handling hazardous substances
Successful completion of this course in class and completion assessment along with an employer’s declaration of competence, will allow you to become a certified handler and gain NZQA standard 20298 and 20299.
Gain knowledge and experience in:
- Hazardous substances classifications;
- Using standard operating procedures and completing documentation;
- Reading batch sheets and matching with manufactured products
- Information, labelling and SDS;
- Dispensing and weighing products;
- Safe filling and closing of containers;
- Quality control including correct labelling;
- Emergency management;
- Thresholds, triggers and controls;
- Certified Handler responsibilities;
- Compliance Certification regime.
Trainers / Assessors:
We can come and deliver this training onsite at your premises. To inquire about onsite options for your company please register your interest here.
2018 Course Dates:
- Aug 20 21
- Sep 10 11
- Oct 17 18
- Nov 12 13
Register your interest in a public course here.
Before registering please ensure you have read and understood our training course general information, terms and conditions, note the name and date of the course you would like to attend, then click on register.