Introduction to Health & Safety in the NZ Workplace
Want to know more about your rights and responsibilities as a worker or PCBU are in regards to the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015?
Then this is the course for you!
This course forms part of the NZQA Approved Health and Safety Foundation Skills Certificate course.
This half day course can be completed by attending a public course or organising an onsite session for your staff (See below for information)
2018 course dates
- December 4
We can come and deliver this training onsite at your premises. To inquire about onsite options for your company please register your interest here.
Before registering please ensure you have read and understood our training course general information, terms and conditions, note the name and date of the course you would like to attend, then click on register.
This training scheme provides students with an overview of the legislative environment for workplace health and safety in NZ.
Students will be aware of how to work safely in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015, its regulations and workplace requirements.
Who should attend?
- all workers
- students enrolled in the NZQA Approved Health and Safety Foundation Skills Certificate Course.
Successful completion of this course and assessment will demonstrate knowledge of New Zealand's health and safety legislation and regulations.
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Identify the current Health and Safety law in NZ;
- Recall key terms from the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 and its Regulations 2016;
- Identify and describe the duties of employers according to the law;
- Identify and describe the rights and responsibilities of workers according to the law;
- Explain the systems approach to Health and Safety at work;
- Become aware of the Hierarchy of hazard control in the workplace;
- Identify safe work practices and principles of health and safety at work.
This is an open entry course.
Attendance at public course $300 per person plus GST.
Trainers / Assessors: