Health and Safety Representative (UN29315) 1 Day + Extra
(HSWA Worker Engagement, Participation, and Representation Regulations)
NZQA Unit standard 29315 - Demonstrate the roll and function of the Health and Safety Representative in a New Zealand workplace.
Need to complete the requirements for initial training as a Health and Safety Representative? Been nominated or thinking of becoming a Health and Safety Representative? Are you a business owner wanting to know more about H&S Representatives? This course is for you!
Our 2018 schedule of training has been confirmed - delivered at our Cambridge premises. Register your interest in a public course:
21 Mar, 23 May, 18 Jul, 19 Sept, 21 Nov
On Site Training:
We can come and deliver this training onsite at your premises. To inquire about onsite options for your company please register your interest here.
A one day interactive course, supported by workplace study and online training components, to meet the regulatory training requirements under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2016 (HSWA) for a Health and Safety Representative*. QEC has applied for approval form NZQA under section 251 of the Education Act 1989 for this Health and Safety Representative training scheme.
Participants on this course will gain knowledge and experience in:
- The role and functions of the Health and Safety Representative under the HSWA 2015
- The role of a Health and Safety Representative as an advocate for workers
- Understanding obligations of a PCBU and WorkSafe New Zealand towards the Health and Safety Representative
- Risk Management processes and the importance of communicating with workers and management
- Demonstrating powers and obligations a Health and Safety Representative has in terms of issuing provisional improvement notice (PIN)
- How and when to direct a worker to cease unsafe work
* You must be currently employed to take this one day + extra training option. If you are not currently employed but wish to do this course please click here to learn more about our two day Health and Safety Representative course option.