Hazardous Substance Awareness
Do you work with small volumes of hazardous substances/chemicals?
This course is for you!
This short course forms part of the NZQA Approved Health and Safety Foundation Skills Certificate.
This course can be completed online (use the add to basket button above) or by attending a public course or organising an onsite session for your staff (See below for information)
Before registering please ensure you have read and understood our
training course general information, terms and conditions, then to book for the online option, click the ADD TO BASKET button to book and pay for your course.
We can come and deliver this training onsite at your premises. To inquire about onsite options for your company please register your interest
From time to time this course will be offered as a public course delivered out of our Cambridge premises. Register your interest in a public course
This interactive course is designed to provide you with best practice concepts for storing and handling substances, information on working with biological hazards, such as sewage, and basic steps to take in the event of a chemical emergency.
Who should attend:
- Anyone who works with hazardous substances and/or chemicals
- students enrolled in the NZQA Approved Health and Safety Foundation Skills Certificate course.
Successful completion of this course allows a person to handle chemicals safely, select personal protective equipment to use, when to use it & how to use it correctly.
Gain knowledge and experience in:
- Basic risk assessment for chemical handling and storage
- Assessing chemical risk by class
- Mixing and storing chemicals
- Guidelines of chemical safety
- Safety data sheets and labels
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
This is an open entry course.
Trainers / Assessors: